Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The beginnings

As Barry said, it's good to be reminded to get out there and get making for our 2013 peace flags!  A while back I had a bit of a paper-making frenzy and tried to incorporate some peace cranes into the paper.


I have in mind that these hand-made paper flags might become my indoor flags for the year, and I am slowly working out what to do with them and where they might hang.




I am also planning on doing heaps of weathergrams again to hang in the tree at the top of the driveway which I loved last time. I am OK with repeating something... like a mantra perhaps?


I also think if I repeat the weathergrams it might become something that is known and hoped for/expected each year in a way - as people drive and walk by, they will be reminded that it's about peace. I hope.

6 comments:

  1. I, too, think the repetition of the weathergrams is a wonderful thing - and yes, so folks will get to know them. I'd love discovering them and wondering about them and then expecting them year after year. I look forward to seeing how they change with the weather this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerianna for supporting the idea of repeating! At first it felt a wee bit lazy; but it also feels right to create a tradition of sorts I hope.

      Delete
  2. I also like the idea of a tradition starting. Can't wait to see what you do with the indoor paper and crane flags.- Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Julie - I used the word tradition without glancing down the blog to see your comment! Snap! I am hopeful that I will develop a pattern of writing my weathergams each year, as Spring emerges here and they blossom on the tree as the leaves unfurl...

      Delete
  3. that is just a beautiful idea.
    a tradition begun...
    the handmade paper is really just so beautiful - and i love how you are setting the paper cranes into them. brilliant - gentle but with a powerful message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJ - the tradition idea feels right as does the exploration of new forms...I have a few options this year!

      Delete