Tuesday, July 16, 2013

a timely reminder

It is always good to get a tiny reminder that the day for flying our peace flags draws closer. Thanks MJ.

As you can see from the photos below I have managed to cut, stamp each with peace words. polish and punch holes in my Peace Flags (actually metal flags 5cm wide by 20cm long).






They have, in the main, been made out of old serving trays including a Indian brass tray - a small global dimension. I have yet to add split rings and string them ready for the day.

I'm hoping that when strung and stretched between a couple of trees these flags will chime out peace on the breeze.

3 comments:

  1. these are stunning Barry...love the all the textures intermingled with messages of peace. can't wait to see them when you place them in the trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L- thanks - and I'm hoping for a bit of peace music from them as well. B

      Delete
  2. They are beautiful, Barry. I especially love the idea of them chiming out peace...Julie

    ReplyDelete